Senior Web Developer
This is a 40-hour senior role, based at our offices in Dunedin.
What we offer:
We’re more than just a web company, we’re focused on our end-user customers. With your skills and experience, you’ll be able to combine clever design thinking with modern tooling.
You’ll get a good work-life balance. While we might say 40 hours, we can work in with what’s doable. We’re supportive, respectful, flexible and nimble in our office culture and the way we like to work. A lot of our team have kids and we know family comes first. Some of our teamwork remotely and we can all work from home when needed.
We develop and run a multi-tenanted platform. We offer a wide variety of work and value job satisfaction. We have long-lasting relationships with our client base and are proactive on internal and outgoing communications offering our customers video, photography, custom development, online marking and all sorts.
Communication is our number one. We’d rather you ask if you don’t know, than try and hack it or flounder. We know that everyone can make mistakes, as long as we learn from them. We value being transparent, honest and open, with good internal systems and processes to support you.
Enough about us, what about you?
What we’re looking for:
- Commercial experience developing web applications using server-side and client-side technologies
- The ability to understand a project from a high-level conceptual view and also deal with low-level implementation detail
- Be able to meet with and consult directly with end-users of a wide range of technical skill
- A good understanding of developing systems where performance is critical
- Great written and verbal communication skills so you can clearly articulate complex issues and work with remote team members.
For technical ability you’ll have:
- Experience with either PHP, Python, Go or some other OOP language.
- Any MVC based framework (e.g. Slim, Symfony, Zend)
- Working with third party services and their API’s (eg. Xero, Stripe)
- Ability to write clean and maintainable object-oriented code.
You might have some of the following:
- You have an eye for spotting potential UI/UX problems.
- Experience with cloud services and LAMP stacks.
- Understanding of hosting, including domains and DNS.
- Any form of native mobile application development
Qualifications or experience required:
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science to Certificate or Diploma level (or similar)
- 5 years proven experience in a software development role
To find out more give Paul a call on 0800 887 269 and apply with your CV and cover letter below.