Turboweb is an established web solutions company based in Dunedin. Our mission is to empower our clients to be able to tell their story online. As part of this process, there are often related projects that we assist our clients with that are not immediately apparent.
We are looking for someone to join our development team to help us create and support our product suite while contributing to our depth of experience and expertise. Turboweb is a small tight-knit team who enjoy our work culture and the people we work with. We are flexible and nimble due to the nature of our work.
We have four core values that we live by:
- We do good work for good people and have a good time doing it
- We are supportive and respectful of each other
- We are always transparent, open and honest
- We are allowed to make mistakes and learn from them.
You will hopefully have some of the following:
- Commercial experience developing web applications using server-side and client-side technologies
- A good understanding of developing systems where performance is critical
- The ability to understand a project from a high-level conceptual view and also deal with low-level implementation detail
- Be able to meet with and consult directly with end-users of a wide range of technical skill
- Be very organised and an excellent note-taker and communicator
- Be able to confidently produce clear documentation, from user guides to in-depth technical analysis documentation.
Experience and understanding of the following technologies is required:
- Web transport concepts – https, caching, proxying, media delivery (e.g. video)
- Any modern responsive front-end CSS framework (e.g. Bootstrap)
- Any MVC based framework (e.g. Slim, Symfony, Zend)
- MySQL database administration
- Working with third party services and their API’s.
Familiarity with the following would be useful:
- Any form of native mobile application development
- Linux server administration, e.g. Apache, Caddy, Docker
- The concepts of email delivery
- DNS, domain records.
Please apply online by uploading your CV and cover letter.