Why get Google Analytics on your Turboweb Simple Web Manager site?
Do you know how many people visit your website every week and where they come from?
Google Analytics is a powerful, free tool which tracks the traffic on your website including which pages people are viewing the most, and the ones which aren’t quite as popular.
Google Analytics offers a very robust set of tools to help you understand what is really going on with your website.
Here are a few good reasons to use Google Analytics:
- View accurate website traffic patterns and trends.
- Learn where visitors come from e.g. Social media, other website links, links in emails .
- Understand what visitors do once they arrive at the website.
- Track how many visitors completed a certain action (purchase, lead enquiry, call, etc).
- See which pages retain visitors the longest.
- Learn where people leave the site (exactly which page).
How to set up Google Analytics
We highly recommend you get Google Analytics installed on your Turboweb website. The set-up process is straightforward and, if you need assistance, our client support is on hand to help you out. We've provided a few simple steps you can take to get it up and running:
- Head on over to www.google.com/analytics to get started.
- Click Sign Up and either enter a current Google account login or create a new one that is relevant to your company (remember to save your login details in a safe place for future reference).
- Enter in the required website information in the setup process. This includes the website name, the URL, industry category, and correct time zone. You’ll need to accept the Terms and Conditions – make sure you set them to the right country!
- After completing the set-up, you will be supplied with the Universal Analytics tracking code. Copy this code and paste it into the Google Analytics ID field in your Simple Web Manager administration via Admin > Settings > Google.
- Lastly, you might want to give us access to your analytics so we can help you figure out the numbers and assist you in any troubleshooting. To do this go to the Analytics Dashboard and click 'admin' in the side-panel menu. Under the Property column click 'user management'. Click the blue circle with the + sign and select 'Add users'. In the email address field enter email@example.com and select the top three tick boxes. Finish up by clicking 'Add' at the top of the screen.
If all this sounds like too much, Turboweb can take the pressure off you with our Google package. This doesn’t just cover the set-up of Google Analytics, it also sorts out Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, and your Google My Business listing. Get in touch with us.