Why do I need Google Analytics?
Google Analytics on your Turboweb Simple Web Manager site
Do you know how many people visit your website every week and where they come from?
Google Analytics is a powerful, free tool which tracks the traffic on your website including which pages people are viewing the most, and the ones which aren’t quite as popular.
Google Analytics offers a very robust set of tools to help you understand what is really going on with your website. Here's a few good reasons to use Google Analytics:
- View accurate website traffic patterns & trends
- See a top down view of where all the website traffic is coming from
- Learn which geographical areas are most productive
- Learn where visitors come from e.g. Social media, other website links, links in emails
- Understand what visitors do once they arrive to the website
- Track how many visitors completed a certain action (purchase, lead inquiry, call, etc)
- See which pages retain visitors the longest
- Learn where people leave the site (exactly which page)
- Learn what search terms and keywords people use to find the site
We highly recommend you get Google Analytics installed on your Simple Web Manager website. The set up process is simple and if you need assistance our Web Angel, Allison, is on hand to help you out. We've provided a few easy steps you can take to get it up and running in a flash.
- Head on over to www.google.com/analytics to get started.
- Click Sign Up and either enter a current Google account login or create a new one that is relevant to your company. (Remember to save your login details in a safe place for future reference)
- Follow your nose through the setup process, providing the information where required. After completing the setup, you will be supplied with the Universal Analytics tracking code. Copy this code and paste it into the Google Analytics Code field in your Simple Web Manager administration via Admin > Settings > Google
See, too easy! Happy tracking.
"Digital Analytics is the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data from your business and the competition to drive a continual improvement of the online experience that your customers and potential customers have which translates to your desired outcomes (both online and offline)." - Avinash Kaushik